Zurich is reached easily from the Zurich international airport (ZRH), by railway as well as by car. The main railway station is not far from the conference venue (20 min on foot) and is served by tram lines 6, 9 and 10. The funicular “Polybahn” leaves from the “Central” tram stop and is an easy way to reach the conference venue, which lies above the city. A 4-day (Monday to Thursday) ticket for the highly developed public transport system of the city is included in the registration fee. The ticket will be handed out to all registered participants and accompanying persons at the registration desk upon arrival.
A detailed set of directions from Zurich airport to the city and to the conference venue is available here as downloadable pdf.
Additional practical information is available here (this document will be updated in the weeks to come and a final version will be sent to all participants shortly before the conference starts).
The address of ETH Zurich main campus is Rämistrasse 101, 8092, Zurich.
Participants will be responsible for reserving their accommodation. We advise to look into your accommodation booking early enough to increase your chances of finding good rates in convenient locations.
The following map will give you a guidance which region is best to stay (click on the image to download an enlarged version):
- Red = 3 km vicinity of the conference venue (ETH)
- Green = 15 min walking to the ETH
To evaluate the relative location of a hotel and the conference venue on online maps, you can use, for ETH Zurich, the following address: Rämistrasse 101, 8092 Zurich.
- Leonardo Boutique Hotel Rigihof Zurich (ca. 5 minutes by tram #10)
- Hotel Bristol Zürich (ca. 10 minutes uphill walk)
- Hotel Leoneck (ca. 5 minutes uphill walk)
- Hotel Villette City Center - Bellevue (ca. 6 minutes by tram #9)
- Hotel Plattenhof (ca. 6 minutes walking)
- Hotel Limmathof (ca. 5 minutes by Polybahn + walking)
- Hotel Hottingen (ca.15 minutes by tram #9 + walking)
- Walhalla Guesthouse (ca. 15 minutes by tram #4 and #10 or 10-15 minutes walking + Polybahn)
- Ibis Budget Zürich City West (20 minutes by tram #4 and polybahn)
- Ibis Budget Airport (30 minutes by tram #10)
- City Backpacker Biber (ca. 15 minutes walking)
- Oldtown Hostel Otter (ca. 15 minutes by walking and tram #9)
- Youth Hostel Zurich (ca. 30 minutes by tram #7 and walking)
- Citystudios Central Hostel (ca. 5 minutes by Polybahn + walking)
Please be aware that the above list includes only some suggestions. Other options in the ETH area are available and the list will be integrated as time goes by. We do not have an agreement with any of the above hotels for special conditions for our participants. However, some hotels may agree on a discount if you mention that you are attending a conference at ETH Zurich.
We recommend to extend your search on the most common online hotel or room/apartments booking platforms and compare the rates available on the booking platform with those available directly at the hotel's website.